(Photo coming soon – just as soon as Natalie or Stephanie bakes this dish for the sole purpose of photographing it because last time Stephanie made it, her family ate it before we took the photo – but trust us, it’s pretty).
- 3 cups shredded Chicken
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 stick of butter (½ cup)
- 2 cups baking mix – we prefer Bisquick®
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes, crushed
- 1 ½ cups of your favorite chopped veggies (we like carrots, corn, green beans)
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Layer #1: In a 9×13 or larger casserole dish, melt 1 stick of butter. Spread shredded chicken and your favorite veggies over butter. Sprinkle with pepper and dried sage.
Layer #2: In small bowl, mix milk and Bisquick®. Slowly pour over chicken.
Layer #3: In medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups of chicken stock, chicken bouillon and soup. Once blended, SLOWLY pour over the Bisquick® layer.
Bake approx. 50-60 minutes or until the top is golden brown.